chidori's karyukai

Tiff's 'flower and willow world' is heading into the wonderful world of mosquitoes, altitude sickness and beautiful people...

Monday, January 10, 2005

China: Day 3

Routine…jeez, I hate that word. Routine sucks. But it’s sumthing dat the old folks are comfortable with. They love it actually. We eat at the same restaurant everyday! Twice a day as a matter of fact. Every time we go, the waitresses suppress a smile. So, routine; wake up at 7 am, granddad gets a check up, does an x-ray, and I’ve gotta chop chop and get my act together by 8.30 am. Yeah. Am slow in the morn. Very slow actuallie. Even more so when u’ve been caffeine deprived for 3 days.

Sigh, I’ve been called lots of names since I got here. Only sze han calls me Tiffany. I have to say tho, my grandma does try her best to pronounce my name. Mostly it sounds like kippy (as in tiffy), kimpeni (as in tiffany), ah kim (short for kimpeni which means tiffany)…and various others. As granddad can’t say my name at all, he settles for oi, eh, oui…so on and so forth. No kiddin’.

since I wake so early, I realize I get reallie grumpy come 11 am. Like reallie reallie grumpy. I need a coffee and a cigarette. I reallie do. Was trudging ard the nearest town yesterday looking for a caf?. but every single food place I went said ‘sorrie, we have no such thing’ whilst looking at me puzzled. Very annoying. So was pretty much overjoyed when I saw a place dat said Europe Country Food Place. But, bloody hell…8 yuan for a cup of coffee wif lousy sugar and thick milk. Neways, it did the trick, so can’t complain. And now it’s 12.47 pm, and I still have not had my coffee…my eyes are heavy and hurting, my grandma won’t stop talking nonsense or repeating things dat I already noe (god, so like my mum…my mum wld actuallie repeat something dat I told her jus minutes before and act like she got the info from sum other source, seriously wats the point in dat. Sumtimes, actuallie most of the time, she jus talks for the sake of talking w/o making much sense which irritates the hell outta me and my dad.)…well the only pro at the mo is dat, these 2 old folks aren’t superbly deaf so the tv is not blasting as loud as it was in triang (my other granddad IS superbly death, volume is at level 98 when he listens to the mandarin news, normali at this point me and my sis wld run up the stairs, shut the door and hide under the covers).

Miss List

1) Him

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home